In today’s tech and digital environment, everyone always seeks the use and experience of a social media platform with interesting features and social connectivity. Like other Social media applications, BeReal Instagram has also been found to be one of the most popular apps in the world. Instagram is now one of Meta’s social media platforms that are attractive to its users because of its interesting features of photos and video sharing. According to Instagram news, This app is being tested to add a new modified feature this time for its users which would be like a feature of the BeReal application.
What is Instagram?
Instagram is basically a social networking site for sharing photos and videos that was established in 2010 by Kavin Systrom. The app was acquired by Facebook later and now it is known as a Meta social media platform. It was initially developed for the mobile operating system of Apple but later it was installed in Android as well.
Key Features of Instagram
Instagram has been developed with some interesting features which include;
- Upload Media: Users of this app can upload media such as photos and videos in their posts. Filters & Hashtags: Users can edit their photos and videos by using filters and posting them with hashtags.
- Add Location: It also allows its users to categorize their media by location. Post Sharing: Public or pre-approved followers may share posts of users on this application.
- Other’s Post: Users can view trending material on this app, like photos and videos of other users, and also can leave their comments on it.
- Follow others: It allows users to follow other users and add their stuff to a personal feed.
- Browsing: It enables users to browse other users’ content by tag and location.
- Followers: Users can be followed by other users on this same social media app.
- Messaging: this app has also included a messaging feature to send and receive text messages on this app.
- Multiple Media: it allows users to upload multiple images and videos on a single post.
- Story Sharing: This social media app has an option through which users can share their stories for a duration of 24 hours like WhatsApp and Snapchat.
Usage of Instagram:
The app’s main goal from the start was to showcase images, particularly those taken on mobile devices. On October 6, 2010, the Instagram app was released, and within one day, 25,000 users downloaded it. Let’s shed some light on its users’ details.
- There are 2 billion monthly active users of Instagram
- It has 1.9 billion daily active users
- 500 million users use Instagram stories
- 32% of Instagram users are male, and 68% are female users.
- 90% of Instagram’s 150 million users are under 35, demonstrating the platform’s ability to draw in the younger demographic.
- Instagram is used by 17.6% of the world’s population.
- On average, Instagram users are on the site for 30 minutes each day.
- Instagram is highly used for marketing products and services by business professionals & Companies.
With its interesting features and an increasing number of users, this app has become users’ choice for social networking but now the app could provide another interesting feature that could be Instagram similar to BeReal Application.
What is a BeReal Application?
A French social media app “BeReal” was released in 2020. The main feature of this app is its daily notification that invites users to upload a photo of themselves and their immediate surroundings within a daily two-minute window that is chosen at random. Users have two minutes to capture what they’re doing with their phone’s back-facing camera, and at the same time the back-facing camera records their action, the front-facing camera records the user. This app has no options for filtering and editing images so that’s why it’s called BeReal.
- BeReal is User’s Choice: Instead of displaying heavily altered images or carefully selected, filtered information, it displays real-time updates on what individuals are doing and what their daily lives are actually like.
- Is BeReal App Save? The app has been criticized for over-sharing personal daily life activities and authenticity issues. It focuses on sharing daily life stuff on this app which may leak any personal information and also people are using it to portray their lives in a glamorous way, not with any authenticity.
Instagram Updated Feature
According to Instagram news, Due to BeReal’s success, Instagram is currently developing a feature known as “IG Candid Challenges,” which is similar to BeReal. Instagram introduced this “Dual Camera” feature in July 2022, and in August 2022 this app began testing. “IG Candid Challenges,” a tool that challenges users to post once daily within two minutes. This updated feature has made BeReal Instagram for users.
The IG Candid Challenges feature would notify Instagram users to publish a photo to their Stories. Under a two-minute time limit “daily at a different hour.” One of BeReal’s signature features is dual-camera images. Which combines a selfie and a rear-camera photo, and also appears to be used under this updated feature of Instagram. As per Instagram news, “This feature is a prototype that is being tested internally.