With the progress of technology in every field of life, the world has become far better than ever. At the start of the 21st century, this journey of progress pulled out and is becoming more advanced with the passage of time. This is courtesy of the existence of human beings. Humans are intelligent creatures. They think, plan, process, and find consequences in their minds.
What if we do these tasks using technology, and is it possible?
Yes, we can do these tasks technically using Artificial Intelligence. This is the potential of a computer or a robotic machine to do human tasks managed by a computer. For this purpose different computer languages are used. One of the most recent AI programming languages is python.
This technology is applied in many lines of work, like online shopping, Web search, Smart houses, and cars as well. The most important implementation of it is in the Military of many countries. They use this computer thinking system in military operations for defence purposes. As we know wars are being fought technically these days, therefore this is the best feature to handle these soft wars. Like other countries, Pakistan is also not much behind to implement this technology in the military.
What is the role of this technology in Pakistan’s military?
• Pakistan military is using this feature in searching for the enemy, while at the same time destroying it.
• To better access the threat and respond accordingly.
• AI is also being used in building up the defence budget, by reducing man requirements.
AI applications in the Pakistan military.
- In nuclear command and control systems, this feature has significant importance. In this system there is a continuous pull between the weapons, always being available when required by the administrator and unavailable for unofficial use. Pakistan military manage this pull through a robotic game plan and elicit operational readiness at the time of crisis and war.
- Cyber warfare is another domain where this technology can make an impact. Machine learning could help to improve early warning radars for signal processing. Pakistan military agencies also received the expertise to identify Cyber-Security risks and provide advice and assistance on technical issues such as well like operating systems and software in cyberspace.
- Interaction of AI and big data advanced analytics in defence: Artificial Intelligence is strongly connected to big data technology. Data feed for efficient applications is a key success factor. Big data technology accomplishes data and helps the defence system to be more secure using provided/collected information.
How (AI) helps in the Air defence of Pakistan?
Current Electronic warfare needs Artificial General (AGI) and machine learning (ML) to handle a very big number of data coming from sensors positioned at different spots. EW system can gather a decent amount of information about the enemy’s frequency, radar deployment, and many more
CEW (Cyber Electronic warfare) is generally known as Machine learning and (AI) to improve the building process of Electronic warfare (EW) for defence systems.
Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is using this system to handle coming data using computing intelligence.
Some key advantages of this computer thinking system in the military.
- Understanding complex calculations faster.
- Fast decision making
- Fewer manpower requirements
- Doing complex tasks without human assistance
1- By using this feature the understanding and performing of complex calculations has become very fast, and this system can understand signals coming from sensors very quickly.
2- Fast calculation make the process of decision-making very fast ultimately.
3- All the work processes in this system automatically. The computer understands the programming language feed into it and performs specific tasks. Therefore the manpower requirements decrease.
4- This technology has not yet arrived at the level where it can work specifically as a human brain. But somehow it requires comparatively less human assistance to perform complex tasks using programming in it. And who does this programming, is also a human being.
What is the future of this computer thinking system in the Pakistan military?
It looks like this system has a bright future in Pakistan’s military. The army has developed new capabilities, which are aimed to make it much easier for troops to learn in the future. They can now get better training based on a trained works force. Such improvements could lead the armed forces to implement their dreams of bringing smart soldiers to every stage of life. Computer thinking controlled systems will be used more when making decisions using the information provided by sensors. These projects would reduce manpower requirements considerably as well.
We conclude that artificial intelligence in Pakistan’s military affairs is a priority, and the need to increase AI development of operational capabilities may also be taken into consideration. There are various studies conducted that suggest that there could very well soon become an AIs role in Indian cyber warfare during Operation Zarb-e-Azb (also known as ‘Zarban’) scenario – namely operations against Pakistani army targets such – as border posts, ammunition depots, etc. This assessment suggests that it does not matter who or what will do the action; if our country’s current Defence Chief General has decided on this strategy then we should ensure that any future attack can follow suit.